‘In the latest issue of Bike SA, we published an article about two fantastic custom BMWs from Cytech. Here, for those who are interested, are the build sheets for both bikes so you can see just how much work has gone into each of them.
This Custom began its life as a 1976 BMW R60/6 built in Germany, which was bought from a gentleman in Parys, who decided to convert the Motorcycle into a Garage Build Cafe Racer.
The Motorcycle arrived at our Shop and was placed on the Showroom for Sale. A good Client had seen a  R50/5 Cafe Racer, which I had built and placed on display and wanted to purchase the “Black & White” Cafe Racer, we offered that I would use the R60/6 as a donor and build a copy of our Award Winning “Windblown Bike of Year 2015” BMW R50/5 Cafe Racer featured on Pipeburn.com.
I completed the copy of the R50/5 Cafe Racer and converted the Donor R60/6 into a clone of the featured Bike. After a few months the Owner Mr. Claes Segelberg decided he wanted to upgrade the Engine to 750cc and then decided he would rather prefer to convert the Motorcycle into a Track Bobber Custom, which would rather suit his style and purpose for the Motorcycle.
He supplied a few images of the style of Motorcycle he wanted and a few months later the result speaks for itself a one of a kind Custom standing in front of you. Ready to Ride! The Motorcycle will be leaving our Shores and living its life cruising the Streets of Prague in Czech Republic.
- Tyres [Front] 100/80-19 Continental TKC80 [Rear] 120/80-18 Continental TKC80
- Front Mag Wheel from 1982 BMW R100RS
- Rear Mag Wheel from 1982 BMW R100RS
- Single Disc Front BREMBO Brake Caliper with CNC Caliper Relocation Bracket to mount on Fork Leg for Big Brake Disc Conversion with Custom Hub Mount for Brake Disc – Front Original Fork from a BMW R100RS with Shortened Front Fork Stanchions and Fork Gaiters.
- Original Bottom Yoke with Custom made CNC Reinforced Top Yoke Powder Coated Black.
- ACEWELL Electronic Speedometer.
- Hi-Rider Headlight Mounts with Custom LED Headlight.
- Motocross Style Handle Bars with Powder Coated Handle Bar Clamps.
- Leather wrapped Domino Handle Bar Grips.
- Original refurbished Handle Bar Controls and Switch.
- Front Brake Master Cylinder installed under Fuel Tank.
- Bar End Mirrors.
- BMW R90S Fuel Tank with KARCOMA Fuel Taps and Custom Tank Emblems and unique Paint Work. Custom Paint Work carried out by Henry from Wicked Paints.
- Single Seat Mount from BMW R50  and Custom made Seat Base with Leather work and Upholstery carried out by Brian from Paul’s Auto.
- Custom Air box Eliminator with Engine Breather Filter installed on top of Cover.
- Engine Upgraded from 600cc to 750cc.
- Refurbish Carburettors and Re-Jetted for the Big Bore Kit Upgrade and K&N Cone Filters installed.
- Engine, Gearbox and Differential completely rebuilt Sandblasted and Painted Black.
- LED Front and Rear Indicators with Micro LED Taillight.
- Custom Set of Header Pipes and Tailpipes imported from Germany.
- Original Rear Foot Brake controls with Brake Drum and Shoes and Original Gear Selector and Footrest.
- Smaller Sealed No Maintenance Gel Battery installed into Leather Pouch.
- Two HAGON Rear Shock Absorbers Custom mounted to Main Frame.
- Original Main Frame Powder Coated and modified with Reinforced Brace for Seat Mount and Rear Shocks.
- Original Refurbished Swingarm and Drive Shaft with Rebuilt Final Drive and Full Refurbishment of Electrical and Charging System with Upgraded Voltage Regulator.
This 1981 R100/7 was brought in a few years ago which we rescued from a salvage yard that had been written off due to cosmetic damage on an aftermarket fairing that had been fitted to the bike. It stood in the warehouse for a few years probably knowing that when the time was right, I would reincarnate the bike into a masterpiece of my own perception of a retro CAFÉ racer.
- Set of 18” aluminium outer rims from and R80GS laced with spokes and nipples which was anodized gold with a matt blue band with a set of fat of 18” all-star tires imported from the USA.
- Early R100 front end with ATE brake callipers and early set of rubber gaiters with front braded break pipes fitted to underneath tank reservoir keeping the handles super clear with 1970s handlebar controls and switches from a /5 series Beemer.
- Acewell electronic speedo with CNC headlight brackets and 7” maximum projector LED headlight and CNC handlebar teardrop mirrors surrounded by bikini fairing from a R100 CS.
- Full engine gearbox, drive train and final drive strip and rebuild with sand blasting and powder coating finished with a set of Siebenrock peanut tappet covers finished ff in satin black from Germany.
- Manual custom choke pullers from Motorworks in the UK installed to the carbs of the full strip and rebuild.
- Custom manufactured side stand with set of machined rear sets from flat racer in the UK.
- Hand built subframe holds lithium ion battery installed underneath seat and fabricated subframe and seat base with blue suede and black leather upholstered by Brian from Pauls auto trim.
- Fabricated chrome rear wheel hugger mounted to modified swing arm with single mono shock with custom made support brackets and side mounted LED taillight.
- Once off custom stainless-steel full exhaust system made by Etienne from van der Linde Exhaust Developments.
- Overhauled relocated all electrics to underneath fuel tank.
- Gold CNC fuel tank cap by Motorbins in the UK.
- Original tank with handmade Bevel four set of enamel BMW motorsport BMW badges.
- Wrap around protection crash bars with police issue mounted LED spotlight set.
- Full custom matt paintwork by Ryan and the team from Custom Creations.